IT Systems Tester
|Job Title:||IT Systems Tester|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2020 15:09|
The Departments Identity, Authentication and Authorisation team develop, maintain and support The Departments critical identity, authentication and authorisation applications. IAA portfolio has a suite of technologies like .NET/SQL, Java/CA certificate, encrypto software, Angular JS and in pipeline to use new generation technologies like integration services with Document Verification Service (DVS) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in near future. The Department is seeking an experienced IT Systems Tester.
• Contribute towards defining a Test Automation framework and the automation of manual testing tasks across all projects within the Department.
• Apply sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and related technologies (e.g. Selenium, Protractor/Karma, Cucumber, and automation framework) in development of automated test suites.
• Apply practical programming experience using .Net (preferably C#), SQL, XML and package management (e.g. nuget, npm etc).
• Identify and automate manual test cases where necessary.
• Take ownership, plan and execute both functional and non-functional tests as per the SLA and within agreed timeframes.
• Implement and manage continuous automated testing integration using Microsoft tools (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Unit testing framework) for the automation of functional/system testing.
• Attend daily stand-up sessions and represent QA in release planning, to ensure balanced, low-risk distribution of testing tasks throughout the iteration.
• Develop a sound business understanding ensuring tests are defined and developed, with close alignment to the business use of the system.
• Encourage and promote quality excellence within the team, ensure that work practices are effective and consistent, and that best practice is identified and shared.
• Mentor and guide permanent APS staff to develop automation testing competency.
• Adhere to the Departments system development methodologies in all test activities
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. The ability to obtain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 25 May.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's