|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2020 12:45|
One of our clients is seeking a highly experienced Data Engineer to develop, enhance and maintain the analytics platform infrastructure to facilitate the availability of data for business users in a CI/CD environment.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Building data-consumption layer objects;
- Understanding, analysing and sizing user requirements;
- Development and maintenance of technical mappings for use in automated generation of data assets;
- Identifying and building enhancements to automated DevOps pipelines;
- Development and maintenance of system documentation;
- Collaborating with data consumers, database development, testers and IT support teams;
- Contributing to the design development specifications to inform the creation of consumption layer materials;
- Providing input to ensure updated Information Model is available and understood by relevant stakeholders;
- Identifying areas where data standards are not being met;
- Ensuring that consumption layer materials are at test standard; and
- Aggregate relevant consumable material, products and data for analysis.
You should have experience in similar roles, and are expected to have
- Base SAS / Teradata / RDMBS – Ability to demonstrate competency in developing and reviewing code
- Data warehousing – Understanding of analytic architecture concepts and processes
- DevOps - Ability to understand DevOps process and can use DevOps tools in accordance with the process
- Programming – High level of competency in Programming, including knowledge of supplementary programming languages such as Python or Groovy
- Business analyst capabilities: While most of us love to work on code, there are times we are required to wear a BA hat to gather and document requirements and designs
- Version control - Ability to demonstrate knowledge of version controls and its appropriate uses
- Excel - Competency with required systems, software and programs, including SAS and Excel
- Other - Ability to read and interpret data models and specifications
- Competency, or ability to develop competency, in consistently applying assessment tools to identify support needs.
- Competency with IT systems.
- Understand the importance of automation in various phases of the SDLC lifecycle: planning, designing, development, testing, deployment, release.
- Embrace the agile way of working, and is flexible to work in a number of roles in the development lifecycle.
- Flexible and willing to learn new tools and technologies: As a green field site we are always committed to finding the best tool for the job.
- Teradata GCFR Framework
- Teradata UDI studio
- Control-M scheduler
- VMWare, Linux and Windows
- Atlassian suite (on-prem): JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye
- Frameworks: Django, React, Selenium, NodeJS
Location and Contract Term:
Sydney based. 12 month contract with a possible 12 month extension
Must be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 29 May 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's