ICT Infrastructure Engineer
|Job Title:||ICT Infrastructure Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2020 11:36|
The Infrastructure Engineer supports the Infrastructure Team Leader, in the day to day deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and web technologies within the Engineering, Infrastructure and Operations Section of the ICT Branch, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer term initiatives.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge in the area of infrastructure engineering.
Key position responsibilities
- Maintaining and enforcing security and integrity controls and establishing and undertaking preventive maintenance of backups and recovery procedures;
- Implementing and administering system documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures;
- Having responsibility for establishing and maintaining the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system security and disaster recovery planning;
- Troubleshooting and providing service support to diagnose, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, including in relation to workstations and communication infrastructure;
- Preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and record and detail operational procedures and system logs;
- Providing analysis of complex issues and contributing to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management;
- Developing and supporting key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums;
- Providing accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities; and
- Making and communicating decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Experience in planning, developing, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting an operating system and associated server hardware, software and databases ensuring optimum system integrity, security, backup and performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational procedures and system logs.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 6 month contract with possible extension option
Must be an Australian Citizen and must hold a current AGSVA NV1 security clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 09 June 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's