|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2020 12:29|
You will have a strong understanding of analytical methods as well as the ability to work with stakeholders to build data products in an agile, iterative manner.
• Understand the data requirements for reporting and visualising the place performance indicator measures.
• Work with data engineers and other analysts to acquire and ingest the required data into the Data Lake according to required standards.
• Develop and maintain data models for storage and reporting.
• Develop analytics methods and processes utilising appropriate statistical techniques.
• Conduct data analysis to support the presentation of data in the Place Intelligence Dashboard.
• Develop and undertake data quality and data cleansing methods and processes.
• Understand and work within the departments Code of Conduct and departments values of respect, integrity, collaboration and innovation, and model behaviour consistent with the departments Respect Equity and Diversity framework.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated technical experience regarding data models, database design, big data, and data warehousing.
- Demonstrated analytics skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to define and develop data analytics strategies and solutions for program or business performance management and reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work collaboratively and communicate with a range of stakeholders from across government, business and IT to deliver positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and proven ability to work independently, show initiative, deal with multiple users, concurrent tasks with conflicting priorities, and resolve queries quickly and effectively.
- Experience and ability to work within an agile and/or DevOps team environment.
- Knowledge of enterprise data management and technologies.
- Experience with wellbeing indicators and telling data stories.
- Experience with data tools such as Python and ArcGIS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, and/or 2+ years in a data analysis role would be highly desirable.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 6 Month Contract with 6 Months extension option.
Must be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 June 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's