|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2020 10:20|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an experienced Network Engineer with a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. A self-starter able to work under pressure, and independently under limited guidance but comfortable working in a team environment.
You will also be utilising your IT and engineering skills to undertake routine hardware, software and network maintenance, and contribute to the performance of the team to enhance processes and by liaising with other IT teams and vendors.
Experience in administrating multi-factor authentication appliances, patching Linux systems (Red Hat and CentOS), managing LAMP systems and remote access services would be an advantage.
Skills & Experience
- In depth knowledge of network protocols and ability to use performance monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of switch, router and firewall hardware and ability to configure using both copper and fibre technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to allow for effective liaison with colleagues, management, vendors (product support and procurement) and end users.
- Ability to develop strong internal and external working relationships to facilitate collaboration, clear lines of communication and to deliver on AEC’s strategic objectives.
- Experience with OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree, VLANs, VRRP and IPSec protocols.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation using attention to detail, such as creating project plans, bill of materials, and technical manuals and process documents.
- Experience with configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of hardware and software based load balancers
- Ability to administer multi-factor authentication systems.
- Experience managing network support and monitoring systems running within a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP/Perl (LAMP) environment.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 6 months with 1 x 6 month extension option
Must be an Australian Citizen with an ability to obtain a NV1 security clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 9 June 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's