|Job Title:||UX Designer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 03, 2020 13:05|
The Candidate will work under limited direction and is accountable for undertaking work that is complex in nature and deliver quality results in accordance with the requirements of their work area and team plan with the opportunity to act with reasonable autonomy. The Candidate needs to be able to be open, transparent with their work output and seek clarification, including taking on constructive feedback when dealing with detailed technical, professional, and/or policy contacts to solve complex problems.
• Build and sustain collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and business partners to elicit, analyse, understand and validate a broad range of client interactions with Department systems, products and services while incorporating the broader system capacity and constraints to deliver on corporate priorities
• Perform and take a lead in relation to end-to-end and iterative user experience design activities in alignment with industry best practice, digital service standards, service design and user-centred design methodology
• Consider needs of others, devise creative solutions and tailor the style to ensure stakeholders understand how the user experience design delivers the optimal product or service usability
• Tailor communication style and language according to the audiences level of knowledge, skill and experience in order to obtain and exchange information
• Apply expertise to create valuable client and user experience designs, including wireframes and both low fidelity and high fidelity prototypes, and supporting documentation that clearly articulate/integrate the client experience with complex system environments
• Display and apply Design Thinking skills and industry best practice to achieve innovative solutions
• Capitalise on opportunities to achieve an optimal user experience and take the initiative to consider/present new ideas
• Conduct user research to define suitable test cases for verification of user experience requirements and adopt quality control measures into the design processes to validate findings and adapt solution recommendations
• Manage relationships with stakeholders to aid and influence the creation of product designs and development of products that bring innovative ideas into focus for all stakeholders
• Commit to delivering services that balance interdependencies, including client experience, legislative and policy frameworks, Whole of Government initiatives
• Represent the Agency and define, describe and validate designs for a broad range of stakeholders
• Exercise initiative, judgment and ownership to identify, design and deliver new or refined solutions that evaluate and mitigate risks and achieve organisational and client value
• Manage a range of end-to-end design activities ensuring that design takes an user centred approach and be responsible for the end-to-end design
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till June 2021. 3 x 12 month extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 5 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information