|Job Title:||Service Designer|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||June 09, 2020 09:36|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an experienced Service Designer to support their ongoing major projects. You will work in collaboration with the Service Experience Team in undertaking user research, systems mapping, and design and delivery of innovative services. You will be responsible for driving a human-centric and holistic approach to service delivery, with a focus on aligning customer, business, and technology needs to deliver effective digital services and delightful customer experiences. This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services to deliver fast, simple and user-centric services for government and the public.
The successful candidate will have the skills and relevant work experience, in conjunction with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement. You will need to have the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary agile team, and be able to communicate effectively and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders; including team members, product owners and executives.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience undertaking and overseeing research activities to map the current state of services, and the customer experience (including back end systems and processes), and effectively communicating insights through visual artefacts and story-telling.
- An influential communicator experienced in leading co-design and collaborative workshops with various stakeholders, and a proven ability to break down barriers and effect change - facilitating consensus for decision-making, and instilling creative confidence for generation, evaluation, and refinement of diverse ideas.
- Experience aligning teams to strategic priorities including developing future state value propositions, business models, and service principles, and undertaking change management strategies to ensure adoption of desired processes and behaviours.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human factors with relevant experience in Human Centred Design, and managing bias within research.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (User Research, Design, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.), or substantial experience in running research and design activities.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. Until 30 June 2021 with 2 x 12 month extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to work environment, the client has requested that a current Baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close Thursday, 11 June 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information