Senior SQL Server Database Administrators
|Job Title:||Senior SQL Server Database Administrators|
|Contact Name:||Connie Tong|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2020 16:10|
As such, you will be working as a member of a dynamic team responsible for the administration of the department’s on premises and public cloud SQL databases.
You will be expected to assist the team to:
- Develop, implement and review database related infrastructure, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to application developers in relation to the database environment.
- Perform problem analysis and rectification in response to system outages and issues.
- Performance monitoring and provide necessary assistance to Developers to solve performance issues
- Database admin, performance monitoring in Cloud environment (AWS, Azure)
- Lead motivate and mentor junior staff.
- Demonstrated extensive experience and a high technical skill level as a Database Administrator of Microsoft SQL Server. – Weighting: 25%
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical staff. - Weighting: 25%
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and solving SQL Server service incidents and outages. - Weighting: 25%
- Demonstrated experience in analysing performance issues to determine cause and proposing and implementing solutions. - Weighting: 25%
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Public cloud PaaS SQL offerings and Data analytics /data Science related services is desirable. - Weighting: 100%
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 9 Month Contract with Options to extend for a further 9 Months.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to work environment, the client has requested that a current NV1 security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close Tuesday, 16 June 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie 1300 944 936 for any further information.