Behaviour Support Practitioner - Canberra
|Job Title:||Behaviour Support Practitioner - Canberra|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McCluskey|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2020 13:34|
The Centre for Positive Behaviour Support provides Positive Behaviour Support Services around Australia. We specialise in person-centred support, giving the focus person and their families the holistic support, they need. We specialise in complex behavioural support needs via our multi-element framework. Inclusive of non-linear behavioural assessment, multi-element Positive Behaviour Support Plan, implementation, training, evaluation and troubleshooting.
We use a multi-element model, incorporating the best from PBS, ABA, and Educational Theory. We believe in taking the strengths from these approaches and combining them to create a powerhouse program to enhance the person’s learning and development.
We are a cutting-edge organisation who employs the latest technology in our clinical framework and workflows.
The Position – Behaviour Support Practitioner – Canberra
We have roles available on a permanent part-time basis or fulltime as client base builds.
Reporting to the Assistant Clinical Director, you will be required to provide behavioural, educational and holistic supports to NDIS focus persons, their families and supports.
We require dynamic, energetic applicants who can work in a fast-paced organisation. You must be prepared to perform at the highest level at all times. Most importantly we require applicants with a strong value system and unwavering commitment to the persons we assist.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the nature of this role, applicants are encouraged to disclose their level of risk of contracting the virus.
You will require a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a PBS related discipline to apply examples include Psychology, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Education or other Allied Health disciplines. Experience with disabilities and/or applied behaviour analysis is preferred for this role. You will need to be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Australian Resident to apply.
CPBS prides itself in being flexible, family-friendly and a supportive environment. We are an inclusive employer and welcome all individuals to apply.
Remuneration packages range for Behaviour Support Practitioners is $80,000-$150,000 pa.
- Weekly clinical supervision from highly experienced Behaviour Support Practitioners who hold registration in psychology and applied behaviour analysis.
- Quality checks and feedback of Assessment and PBS plans by the Clinical Director.
- Ongoing education and training in our Positive Behaviour Support Framework.
- Support to complete Graduate and/or Masters level degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Supervision by our Principal Psychologist for registration as a psychologist if required (must hold 4-year recognised degree in psychology or equivalent).
- Supervision for BACB registration as a BCBA (must hold Master’s level degree Applied Behaviour Analysis or equivalent).
- Access to comprehensive online Clinical systems for assessment, design, review, data analysis, procedural reliability etc.
- Access to our Behaviour Therapist staff and Positive Behaviour Support Workers to implement your plans and to train your stakeholders.
- Opportunity to participate and publish research via the CPBS research institute.
- Opportunity to advance through the organisation to Assistant Clinical Director Level.
Employment with CPBS is subject to satisfactory background checks which includes a National Police Check, Reference Check and Emotional Intelligence Test (EQ-2).