|Job Title:||Content Designer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2020 16:05|
The Department is seeking an experienced content designer who creates high-quality user focussed content and understands the web, technology and people.
As a Content Designer, you’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team to build world class government digital services. As part of this team you will work to transform the Departments approach to delivering online content and help deliver a Digital Experience Platform.
You’ll need to be able to apply your highly developed UX and content design skills to take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand. A key part of your job will be working across the organisation to make the case for user centred design. While you’ll be responsible for your performance and work ethic, we’re looking for team players – our teams succeed and fail together.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Extensive experience in writing and creating content for the web, with a proven ability to create content that is accessible and usable
• Proven experience running user testing engagements. Experience using both qualitative and quantitative methods is highly desirable.
• Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and improve content
• Ability to map out a user journey and create content that guides them through a process
• Proven experience in managing relationships and negotiating with stakeholders
• Proven ability to apply knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation to create content that performs well in Google search results • An understanding of industry standard content design methods and tools
• Experience in working with content management systems
• Creates a positive and collaborative team environment
• Has a proven ability to lead a team toward continuous improvement
• Strong presentation/facilitation skills and the ability to articulate and present solutions, ideas and recommendations
• Exceptional communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, handling and coordinating multiple pieces of work
• Motivated, positive & enthusiastic
• Experience working as part of an Agile team or framework is highly desirable
Location and Contract Term: This role is being offered in Canberra or Sydney. Approx contract dates of July 2020 - July 2021. 3 x 4 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9am 29 June.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information