Cyber Analytics Platform Engineer
|Job Title:||Cyber Analytics Platform Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Connie Tong|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2020 16:02|
The primary mission of the project is to deliver ICT software, infrastructure and services to host cyber security capabilities in support of the agency’s cyber security mission.
The successful applicant will work closely with the agency mission areas and translate complex business problems into sophisticated data driven capabilities for analytical and operational use. A key measure of success will be an ability to reduce the end-to-end cycle time of business problem to analytic output (analytics, charts, graphs and models), ultimately accelerating the delivery of business value. The successful applicant will apply agile methods to their work enabling their data engineer and cyber security analyst peers to work together more efficiently and effectively.
We are looking for individuals with a strong background in system design, build, integration and automation including demonstrated experience working within project delivery teams. The applicant must be a motivated self-starter with strong technical abilities and initiative. They will operate as a peer in a high performing technical team, and require strong organisational skills, attention to detail and be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment.
Applicants should have exposure across several of the following technologies and disciplines, and be able to demonstrate how they used them to generate business value:
- Data lake technologies (for example: SIEM platforms, Splunk, ELK, Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo)
- Data streaming technologies (Kafka, NiFi, Spark)
- Software development (Python, Scala, Java)
- Endpoint detection and response
- Automation services (Security Orchestration and Automation Response, CI/CD platforms, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Operating Systems in depth (Windows, Linux)
As a member of the cyber analytics data platform team, you will work proactively to enhance and configure highly scalable, resilient, and observable data analysis platforms considering the agency mission areas requirements and analytic maturity. You will ensure delivered capabilities meet the agency mission area requirements and industry best-practices for automating build deployment and change management using DevOps and CI/CD patterns.
- Demonstrated technical experience delivering endpoint threat detection and response capabilities.
- Highly developed technical skills across the build and optimisation of big data cyber security platforms.
- Experience designing, building, and supporting technical capabilities to automate, integrate and simplify business process.
- High level of proficiency with the Linux operating system including system administration, hardening, monitoring and support.
- High attention to detail with solid documentation skills and good client communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent tasks with competing demand.
Canberra based. 12 Month Contract that includes an initial 3-month probation with options to extend for a further 12-month.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to work environment, the client has requested that a current NV1 security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 8 July 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Mohammed 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Software Engineer Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Automation Engineer Level 4 (TSPV)
System Software Engineer Level 4 (TSPV)
System Software Engineer Level 5 (TSPV)
Oracle Fusion Middleware Support Engineer (Baseline)