Business Systems Analyst
|Job Title:||Business Systems Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Connie Tong|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2020 15:11|
The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for providing the following deliverables including but not limited to:
• Undertaking a senior and/or lead role in the execution of a range of activities and tasks related to:
- Managing the business requirements, expectations and scope;
- Gathering high and detailed level requirements;
- Facilitating workshops and group discussion;
- Performing solution design and problem analysis;
- Providing/writing solution and functional design documents;
- Looking for continuous business improvement;
- Identifying and reporting issues and risks;
• Providing ad-hoc services to the project stakeholders and project team;
• Ensuring project/business as usual work is managed within project schedules; and
• Communicating effectively and applying project standards.
The Business Systems Analyst will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department’s recordkeeping policy and practices.
The Business Systems Analyst will also be responsible for producing the following deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Business Specifications;
- Functional Specifications;
- Defect Resolution Specifications;
- Technical Specifications.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Senior Business Systems Analyst with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects.
- Highly developed organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and collaborate across an organisation to achieve outcomes.
- Demonstrable use of methodologies in use by the department (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, etc.) and be able to adhere to the principles of the methodology adopted for delivery of a project.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce technical documentation such as Functional Specification, Business Specifications, Use Cases, etc.
- Experienced in leading, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrable experience in:
- Critical and Conceptual Thinking
- Conceptual and Context modelling
Canberra based. Around 12-month initial contract with option to be extended for a further 2 x 12 months.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to work environment, the client has requested that a current baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close Thursday, 9 July 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie 1300 944 936 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's