|Job Title:||Scrum Master|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 07, 2020 14:04|
The Scrum Master works within and across multi-disciplinary teams (MDTs), assisting each team to organise itself, structure and manage its work and achieve its delivery goals.
As a key source of knowledge of agile methodologies, the Scrum Master tailors and implements agile operating models and strategies for newly formed projects and existing delivery areas, taking into account the context, delivery timeframes and project targets.
The Scrum Master removes blockages, prioritises the workload and collaborates with Product Owners to make sure that product development is on track and aligned to the end state vision. They coach and mentor teams in agile principles, building a high performing dynamic and ensuring that the agreed agile process is correctly applied.
Scrum Masters exercise a considerable degree of independence and undertake a leadership role within the MDT, with work performed under the broad direction of senior management. They undertake complex problem solving and issues management and develop strategic relationships to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Coaching teams in agile mindset methodologies, techniques, processes and tools and providing leadership and training in line with agile methodologies
- Planning, setting up and leading agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, increment planning, iteration reviews and retrospectives
- Identifying and analysing risks and opportunities in relation to goal achievement or performance, develop change strategies, monitor outcomes, and anticipate and address blockers
- Helping the team manage and resolve conflicts and challenges, and playing a key role in improving team cohesion, motivation, dynamics and performance
- Representing the teams in scrum of scrum meetings, and passing information from that meeting back to the team and partner with the release train engineer to coordinate program increment execution
- Making significant contribution to innovation, changes in workplace practices and business improvement
- Extensive experience in agile methodologies including SAFe, Scrum and Kanban
- Experience in leading programs, projects or delivery of digital products and services
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences including making use of strong presentation skills and tools
- Able to resolve problems proactively, using effective and persuasive engagement
- Ability to undertake a collaborative approach to working with excellent organisational, coaching and communication skills
- Ability to make effective use of agile methodologies to build and sustain high performing teams
- Ability to pragmatically respond to changing needs and be comfortable in a dynamic, fastmoving environment
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 12 month contract
Must be an Australian Citizen. .
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 10 July 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's