Technical Security Specialist
|Job Title:||Technical Security Specialist|
|Start Date:||2020-07-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2020 16:06|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for a Technical Security Specialist with a strong understanding of ICT security policy within Commonwealth Government and a background in large and complex IT environments and projects. This Specialist will undertake technically complex work that will include IT security analysis and compliance assessments of systems. They will be responsible for:
- Supporting the agile development of systems as an embedded security resource.
- Contributing to the secure development of systems, infrastructure and functional designs based on best-practice security frameworks, federal government security requirements and internal controls.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative designs to address security vulnerabilities detected early in a system’s development.
- Producing evaluation reports and security designs for systems.
- Supporting project management teams and the ITSA to deliver governance and management plans for systems during their design phase. (SOA, SRMP, SSPs)
- Supporting a change program or project through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards (including security).
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Significant experience working as a Security Specialist with large scale ICT projects in Federal Government
- Experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments
- Demonstrated ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk and compliance obligations
- A sound knowledge of Federal Government security policy
- Tertiary and/or Industry qualifications in ICT Security Operations and/or Cyber Security or related field will be highly regarded
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 6 months with extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that candidates must have a current NV1 security clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 17 July 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Security Specialist (Certifier) Level 5 (TSPV)
Security Risk and Policy Specialist level 6 (TSPV)
Cross Domain Security Engineer
Software Developer - Cyber Security (NV2)