|Job Title:||Payroll Officer/Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Connie Tong|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2020 15:37|
About the Role:
The role will be diverse working for a SME company that is growing rapidly. Tasks will range from being of a routine data entry or processing nature to those involving moderate complexity in payroll issues. You will be part of a small team undertaking fortnightly and monthly payroll and invoicing, compliance, taxation and routine business accounting processes. The role also assists with contract preparation for newly engaged contractors, so candidates should have strong attention to detail and written skills.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a person that is up for a challenge, seeking a long-term career and able to work independently and manage multiple tasks. Candidates with previous experience in small/medium business will be beneficial.
Candidates must have:
- The ability to work autonomously and as an effective team member.
- The capacity to work independently with general guidance from more senior staff.
- An ability to work towards deadlines with a high level of care, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills at all organisational levels
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- A commitment to continuous improvement and quality policies and procedures
- A commitment to teamwork and co-operative work practices
Full training will be provided, but as a minimum we are seeking the following:
- Experience using Finance and Payroll systems (we currently use MYOB) and intermediate skills in the use of Excel, Word and other Microsoft software products.
- Qualifications or relevant on the job experience in the finance field, particularly payroll and understanding the complexities involved.
- Experience with Astute payroll would be an advantage.
- At least one year payroll experience is preferred.
Part-time and fulltime will be considered for the role and remuneration will be based on experience and value add to our business. Whizdom offers flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
To apply for the role please send a brief cover letter with your resume.
If you want more information on the role please contact Natalie on 0401 184 342 or Connie on 0419 890 865.
We will be accepting applications until COB Wednesday 29 July 2020.