Technology / Application Architects
|Job Title:||Technology / Application Architects|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2020 16:22|
The Technology Architect will perform duties including:
- Lead a mixed group of technical and business resources in initiatives to design applications end-to-end
- Support application teams in architecting and designing applications
- Maintain the department’s application architecture and related models
- Perform application portfolio management
- Support the implementation of the department’s IT Strategy
- Prepare relevant technology briefings, strategies and architectural roadmaps
- Provide technical advice to IT investment proposals
- Provide technical advice and support to Application Development, Technical Operations and other relevant departmental teams
- Contribute to the division’s Architecture Community of Practice and Design Architecture Forum
- Support the Architecture, Strategy and Emerging Technologies Team staff and priorities, as needed.
- Have experience in designing and implementing applications from ground up including application architecture, application design, database design and development
- Previous experience as a developer before becoming an architect is essential
- Be up to date in the latest technologies
- Have experience in implementing systems on premises and Cloud
- Have experience in PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Have knowledge and experience in architecting for maintenance and application performance
- Have knowledge in application design patterns and application development patterns
- Understand networking concepts
- Understand authorisation frameworks and well as authentication mechanisms
- Be able to work in an agile, virtual team environment
- Be able to collaborate effectively with business and IT stakeholders
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have the following essential skillsets and skill levels outlined below.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Specialist advice (TECH 5)
- Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms. Provides expert advice in their specialist area(s). Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
• Systems design (DESN 5)
- Designs large or complex systems. Makes recommendations based on associated risks. Reviews others' systems designs for appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology. Contributes to development of systems design policies and standards and selection of architecture components.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas. Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Produces outline system designs specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within the organisation. Specifies user/system interfaces, including validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls. Translates logical designs into physical designs.
- Communicates information security risks and issues to business managers and others. Performs basic risk assessments for small information systems. Contributes to vulnerability assessments. Applies and maintains specific security controls as required by organisational policy and local risk assessments.
- Leads the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and the evaluation of the potential impacts, threats and opportunities. Creates technology roadmaps which align organisational plans with emerging technology solutions. Engages with, and influences, relevant stakeholders to obtain organisational commitment to roadmaps.
• Consultancy (CNSL 5)
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Contributes to the creation and review of a systems capability strategy which meets the strategic requirements of the business. Develops models and plans to drive the execution of the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance.
- Interprets information assurance and security policies and applies these in order to manage risks. Provides advice and guidance to ensure adoption of and adherence to information assurance architectures, strategies, policies, standards and guidelines. Contributes to the development of policies, standards and guidelines.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – To commence as soon as possible for a 12 Month Contract
Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to work environment, A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 July 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's