Business Project Manager
|Job Title:||Business Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2020 10:26|
The Project Manager will be business focused, a strong communicator, with proven experience in stakeholder management and demonstrated skills and experience managing development and implementation of cross-organisational projects with a particular focus on business - IT translation.
- Plan, design and oversight cross-organisational projects and manage inter-dependencies.
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams and stakeholders to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives.
- Work with other Managers and stakeholders to settle priorities and identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department.
- Manage the allocation of BAU staff and labour hire resources to projects.
- Develop and manage project budgets and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
- Align business change with IT project roll out, including managing delivery of change communications, training and guidance
- Report on project performance to the Project Sponsor, the Program Board and the Executive as required.
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement, including business capability, infrastructure and processes.
- Ensure relevant organisational standards, process and policies are upheld.
- Manage communications and change with all stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in business change management and training (realising benefit in systems adoption and transition to business BAU).
Skills and Experience Required:
- Substantial experience delivering business projects with technology change/impacts in a federal government environment.
- Exceptional leadership, time management, stakeholder engagement, communication and organisational skills and experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of change management principles.
- Project Management certification/s (industry standards).
- Experience delivering projects/programs that involved significant business process change.
- Experience delivering projects/programs that involve implementation of new online services for customers.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 12 Month Contract possible extension for a period of 12 months. At the department’s sole discretion and subject to performance review.
Police check will be required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 23 July 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information