Positive Behaviour Support Worker - Gold Coast
|Job Title:||Positive Behaviour Support Worker - Gold Coast|
|Location:||Gold Coast Mc|
|Contact Name:||Sharon McCluskey|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2020 10:01|
Contract hours: Monday-Friday 7am - 8:30am
About the Company
At CPBS, we believe in providing our clients with the best possible support to assist them in living a rich and meaningful life. The philosophy of our company is to use non-aversive strategies, community and functional programs to increase skills and quality of life of the client. The overall goal is for providing services for a time-limited period, and the eventual fading of services (this may be over weeks, months or years). The specific critical skill acquisition and target behaviours will be identified during assessment and support programs will be described.
We utilise a person-centred support approach, giving the client and their families the holistic support that they need. We specialise in complex behavioural support needs via our multi-element model, which is inclusive of non-linear behavioural assessment, a multi-element Positive Behaviour Support Plan, implementation, training, evaluation and troubleshooting.
About the Opportunity
Many of our clients need support in the home and community to meet their daily needs and to increase their quality of life. As such, we are looking to employ Positive Behaviour Support Workers to assist us in providing the services our clients need.
This role will include assisting our clients, both young and old, in managing their daily needs such as accessing the community, transport, assisting with generalisation of our programs, and implementing systematic de-sensitisation programs (i.e. increasing the person’s tolerance to engaging in non-preferred activities like visiting the dentist or doctor).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with daily routine adherence e.g. morning routine.
- Traveling to multiple locations throughout the Gold Coast area to attend client services.
- Assisting with implementation of some programmatic elements such as assisted community access, work-experience, de-sensitisation programs e.g. doctors or dentists.
- Participating in regular training both in-person and online – this includes internal training as well as completing a Registered Behaviour Technician Course online.
- Participating in ongoing supervision with a Senior Behaviour Therapist or Behaviour Support Practitioner.
Qualifications and Skills
- First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain).
- Current Australian Drivers Licence and access to your own Comprehensively Insured Vehicle.
- Certificate or Qualifications in Disability Services, Community Services, Social Work, Psychology, Education or Similar field (desired).
- Previous experience with disabilities and/or mental health clients is desirable.
- Comfortable working independently with clients.
CPBS prides itself in being flexible, family-friendly and a supportive environment. We are an inclusive employer and welcome all individuals to apply.
- Paid travel time between clients.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Opportunity to progress to full-time work.
- Career progression opportunities are available.