Project Manager – Cyber Security
|Job Title:||Project Manager – Cyber Security|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2020 13:35|
The department is looking for a project manager with relevant skills and experience to join the cyber security uplift team to deliver an extensive program of work. The team requires a highly experienced, creative, self-motivated and project manager. The person selected will join a small multi-skilled agile team that works within a portfolio management setting; partnering with technical and non-techical teams and a range of stakeholders to deliver outcomes for the program.
The successful candidates will have the IT skills and relevant work experience, in conjunction with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement. Ability to work as part of an agile team and communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders is also a requirement. Deliverables include:
• Engage with senior management, program management and other stakeholders to facilitate agreement regarding the scope of work, priorities and dependencies between related initiatives. • Identify and facilitate strong working relationships across multi-disciplinary teams to deliver a single goal. • Monitor and report against project performance to assist the efficient delivery of outcomes so that the projected benefits are realised. • Identify and provide a point of escalation for issues and risks and changes impacting the programme and facilitating risk mitigation and issues resolution. • Implement and facilitate project governance processes. • Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently. • Work within an agile framework to align the sprint goals, set by the Product Owner, to the deliverables of the program of work. • Influence teams to keep delivery on track. • Remove impediments. • Contribute to meeting papers and other reporting mechanisms. • Contribute to success of the team. • Be willing to learn and influence change.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Excellent communication skills; including stakeholder engagement and facilitation. • Relevant and current ICT experience as a Project Manager.
• Highly effective organisational skills, including the ability to influence priorities for success. • Ability to work as a team member or as an individual to achieve objectives and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Ability to professionally represent the work area and the Department in meetings and workshops with internal and external stakeholders. • Proven ability to deliver in a project and program environment under limited guidance.
• Demonstrated ability to work in an agile project delivery environment, understanding of the roles of an agile team, and (desirably) experience in ICT technologies. • Proven ability to communicate with influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
• Experience in Cyber/ICT Security
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 12 Month Contract possible extension 2 x 12 months.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is required
How to Apply:
Applications close 29 July 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's