IT Security Specialist
|Job Title:||IT Security Specialist|
|Start Date:||2020-07-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2020 16:20|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking an IT Security Specialist who will identify key information security risks and provide embedded advice and guidance to developers. You will be responsible for:
- Implementing and building automated security checks into the code pipeline;
- Facilitating independent validation, verification of applications;
- Enforcing strong, comprehensive principles-based secure software development practices. Review code artefacts for security defects and vulnerabilities;
- Assisting with preparation and reviewing of security accreditation documentation.
Our client will be looking for one or more application security specialists to undertake various activities in either a fulltime, part time and/or ad-hoc capacity.
This role will provide security advice and guidance to software developers on how to manage identified risks and ensure adoption of secure coding practices. It will implement measures both technical and procedural to help assess and ensure that the deliverable code artefacts meet the department’s assurance framework and follow the department's application security assurance program.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) category Information Security (SCTY) – seeking Level 5. Previous experience providing cyber security to application development projects. Previous experience in software development (preferably agile) and exposure to a range of contemporary web programming languages, including Java and Angular.
- Previous exposure to DevOps, containerisation and automated code build pipelines. Technical skills in establishing automated dev pipelines, code review, and security testing automation. Provision of advice and guidance on security strategies to manage identified risks; and ensure adoption and adherence to standards.
- Obtaining and acting on vulnerability information and condsecurity risk assessments, business impact analysis and accreditation on information systems. Relevant tertiary or comparable qualifications in IT, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field will be highly regarded.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra based. 12 month contract with extension options.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates MUST have a current NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 5 August 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ICT Security Specialist (Certifier) level 5 (TSPV)
ICT Security Specialist (Enterprise Architect) level 6 (TSPV)
ICT Security Specialist Cloud Certifier level 5 (TSPV)
(NV1)Cyber Security Assessor (multiple roles)
ICT Security Technician level 5 (TSPV)