Security Operations Analyst
|Job Title:||Security Operations Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2020 12:05|
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with system developers and must be a motivated self-starter with strong technical abilities and initiative. They will also require strong organisational skills, attention to detail and be comfortable working in a dynamic and agile environment. Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
• Responding to Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) platform alerts by investigating and analysing potential security incidents and breaches.
• Documenting analysis conducted and activities undertaken when investigating security incidents.
• Performing initial assessment of any potential damage associated with security incidents.
• Assisting in the development and tuning of security use-cases.
• Development and maintenance of analyst play-books.
• Remaining up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
• Adhering to the departments best practices and policy regarding IT security.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated 3+ years of cyber security experience - 40%
- Demonstrated experience monitoring security incidents, including those associated with cloud infrastructure - 30%
- Demonstrated 1+ years of experience using SIEM technologies - 10%
- Demonstrated experience in Australian Government information security risk management and Cybersecurity technologies. - 10%
- Demonstrated experience developing SOC documentation, including analyst play-books and security use-cases - 10%
- Tertiary qualification in Cyber Security.
- Industry qualifications in Cyber Security
Canberra Based – 12 Month Contract with possible extension for a period 12 Months.
Must be an Australian Citizen. A NV1 Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 16 August 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's