IT Scrum Master
|Job Title:||IT Scrum Master|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2020 16:40|
The Department uses DevOps model in self-contained, multidisciplinary scrum teams, while the program is managed under SAFe framework (Agile Release Train). The teams are mobile and generally resources are deployed in a given point of time on multiple projects
• Perform Scrum Master role, including daily stand ups, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, backlog grooming, risk/issue management.
• Take responsibility to coach teams in Agile concepts, principles, practices and behaviours Identify issues, risks, and recommendations of Agile teams and operating models
• Assist on change and release, and production operation tasks.
• Develop learning plans to elevate teams to higher levels of maturity and effectiveness
• Support practitioners and projects, identifying areas for improvement, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
• The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team (inside and outside the Agile Release Train or ART) cooperation and helps the team operate well on the train.
• Responsibilities on the train – as delegated by the Release Train Engineer
• Lead creative problem solving for scrum teams through collaborative problem solving processes
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
• Able to provide suggestions and guidance when assisting the team with working through blockers, risks and opportunities for improvement. Ability to mentor and coach at the individual, team and project level.
• Collaborate and leverage contacts in the wider agile community to deliver the best possible outcomes for clients.
Skills and Experience Required:
• The qualified candidate must have proven experience in working on complex programs and will have the following:
o Experience in Scale Agile Framework (SAFe) practices is essential.
o Two or more year’s prior experience as Scrum master/Agile project coordinator in larger-scale, complex agile environments.
o Ability to assist the team, as needed, to build skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort.
o Eloquent communications and excellent collaboration and negotiation skills
Experience of working with distributed teams and vendors
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till August 2021 with 1 x 12 month contract extension option.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 31 July.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's