|Job Title:||IT DevOps|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||July 28, 2020 16:44|
The Department requires a skilled and experienced IT DevOps.
• Design and set-up AWS, Azure based cloud infrastructure (IaaS) to support project delivery
• Develop environment automation to enable DevOps based continuous delivery. Create systems, utilities and scripts to automate deployment. Actively work to automate our deployment approach
• Develop and maintain deployment and/or environment strategies; what the environments are, how they need to be modified to support releases, keeping the environments base-lined against production or planned delivery base, how and when code will be deployed;
• Maintain and support cloud based environments
• Work collaboratively with the stakeholder teams who provide environments and support automated deployment
• Work collaboratively with the Department teams that support the key tools in this space - Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Mainframe Focussed Express Enterprise Edition (MFEEE);
• Facilitate technical aspects of collaboration with third parties such as data or service providers, hosting facilities etc;
• Investigate and trial processes and tools that could improve deployment / environment processes. e.g. use of cloud for environment needs or a tool like Chef/Puppet to automate environment provisioning, and;
• Maintain infrastructure including continuous integration, automated builds and automated build verification testing
Skills and Experience Required:
- Be accountable for the investigation and resolution of issues with specified maintenance procedures and those relating to IT applications
- Has a sufficient breadth of expertise to deploy technologies into various environments, verify deployments, and schedule and deliver changes to agreed service levels and release schedules
- Work collaboratively in a team based environment; actively participate in team meetings and support the work area and team objectives
- Analyse and interpret existing operating policies to determine the appropriate course of action to meet changing client needs, statutory requirements or technological demands
- Undertake research of current IT system practices and investigate and resolve any problems identified by stakeholders Identify risks and uncertainties and apply established processes, methodologies and procedures to system maintenance, installation and problem resolution
- Build and sustain relationships and liaise with clients and stakeholders to exchange information and discuss technical or administrative issues to resolve problems or to gain cooperation
- Keep self and others informed by sharing knowledge and be adaptable to apply new tools and methodologies
- Apply skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements and document process requirements
- Maintain effective performance levels and own expertise and share knowledge.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till August 2021 with 1 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. The ability to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 31 July.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's