Senior Application Developers
|Job Title:||Senior Application Developers|
|Start Date:||2020-08-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 04, 2020 10:05|
The Specified Personnel will be responsible for providing the following deliverables including but not limited to:
• Being accountable to the Program Manager to ensure team outputs meet Program stakeholder needs.
• Working with Product Owners to drive the delivery of technical solutions through the management of their own team and coordination with other technical teams.
• Providing extensive application development knowledge and skills to support Technical Leads in project delivery including the management of own workload.
• Designing, developing, and implementing software according to department and industry standards and practices in the following (or similar) technologies:
- Identity and Access Management
- Hadoop Big Data Platforms
- Cloud Infrastructure (MS Azure)
- API-based integration patterns
- (modern) Data Management tools (supporting both ETL and ELT patterns)
- Integrated Data Management solutions
- Integrated DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Open-source and COTS technology products.
• Mentoring junior application developers to transfer skills and knowledge.
• Developing comprehensive documentation and perform testing to demonstrate built software and support successful system implementations.
• Providing ongoing production support for the capability and related infrastructure.
• Leading and developing a small technical team focused on developing new or enhanced business applications.
• Delegating and managing team workload, creating accountability and responsibility across the department.
• Undertaking official travel interstate, as required.
The Specified Personnel will be expected to transfer skills and knowledge to departmental staff and ensure appropriate documentation is stored in accordance with the Department’s recordkeeping policy and practices.
The Specified Personnel will also be responsible for producing the following deliverables, including but not limited to:
• Developing comprehensive documentation (product, process, system, and user documentation) to demonstrate built software and support successful system implementations.
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of software solutions using SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships through consultation and sharing of information.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders to reach agreement on complex matters.
- Ability to shape strategic thinking, apply sound judgement and align operational activities with corporate goals.
- Experience in using Big Data tools such as Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), KafkaHQ, Neo4j and Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated experience through software development with the Azure Cloud Platform.
Canberra Based – Contract to 30 June 2021 with 2 x 12 Months possible extension.
Must be an Australian Citizen. Must have a NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9 August 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)
Senior .Net Full Stack Developer
Atlassian Administrator level 4 (TSPV)
Software Developer (Python / Java / UX) Level 4 (TSPV)