IT Cloud Technical Specialist
|Job Title:||IT Cloud Technical Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2020 09:45|
The role will report to the Cloud Automation and Technical Services team leader. Cloud Services comprises approximately 40 staff covering many disciplines of IT as they relate to Cloud use in the Department.
• Participate and represent Cloud Services across technical meeting/working groups to develop strategic direction on various technical aspects impacting application cloud migration including over a protected cloud
• Document “How To” documents for enabling PaaS services within the Department
• Working with Security Architecture to break down high level roadmap into manageable project solutions over the medium term
• Execution of hands on build of cloud security technologies
• Work with Department Application Teams to define Application Cloud Architecture for applications in scope a cloud migration.
• Work as a technical resource on enabling PaaS services across the two public clouds Department used for hosting workloads.
• Work in agile team environment to deploy and trouble-shoot new PaaS services and application automation in lower levels as well as production
• Participate in solution concepts, capacity planning and design artefacts as a part of project team.
• Work as a technical resource to build, configure and then support Containers to support the Departments hosting strategy.
• Work in multi-vendor environment (MVE) to assist on Disaster Recovery, business continuity and solutions in cloud.
• Create high level technical designs or use when building new PaaS services that will be used by Departmenbt application teams
• Continuous improvement of developer experience by analysing the changing developer needs and designing and proposing an appropriate solution to meet their changing requirements in consultation with Service Operations and Enterprise Architecture.
Skills and Experience Required:
•Extensive experience working in AWS and Azure Secure Cloud environments
• Strong Linux and Ansible skills
• Good experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
• Demonstrated ability to identify common risks in the Cloud, and formulate and execute cloud strategies
• Demonstrated ability in deploying logging and monitoring tools over large deployments and automating event response
• Understanding of machine learning concepts and applications
• Extensive experience in Public Cloud design and implementation activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge and or experience in:
• Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
• Knowledge of AWS, Azure, VMware/vSphereVirtualization
• Automated workflows/pipelines
• Container technologies (Docker & OpenShift)
• Strong documentation skills, including documenting technical specifications, standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
Exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments and ability to lead agile teams
• Good understanding of high availability and resilient environments is a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge of TOGAF or other architectural frameworks and or methodologies
• Ability to develop and provide training
Location and Contract Term: This role can be conducted in either Canberra or Chermside. 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month contract extension options.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens. The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's