IT Project Manager
|Job Title:||IT Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2020 09:56|
The IT Project Manager role will bring specialist skills in support of project teams within the Branch to manage all project compliance commitments for the Branch and the larger programs. Knowledge of Cloud services in a large Enterprise will certainly compliment a strong IT background and Project Management skillset. The role will benefit from building productive working relationships within and between program and project stakeholders and working under pressure to meet deadlines. The right candidate would bring leadership and experience to create opportunities to optimize and mitigate risks. The role will also demand the production of quality process documentation, effective client engagement and primary contact for project teams.
• Manage and lead an IT project team in the completion of projects, which may fit within broader Department business-led projects; ensure delivery of activities within timeframes and quality requirements.
• Translate the Department IT strategy and explain to others how own project fits within other business projects and the broader Department priorities and objectives
• Be accountable for managing allocated resources, working with external providers, setting work area priorities, managing workflows, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes
• Build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships, consult and share information with own team, build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer and maximise team strengths to achieve project and business outcomes
• Engage with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
• Understand and operate within the Department project management methodology, provide expert advice on project intent, deliverables, progress and outcomes
• Evaluate project outcomes, the broader impacts and implications of IT-project activities and escalate issues outside of delegation
• Understand, analyse and interpret legislation, policies and Department strategies; modify processes and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new project management work practices
• Operate in a professional manner when undertaking assurance reviews of any externally provided products or services against contract requirements
Skills and Experience Required:
• Three or more years project management experience in I.T.
• ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred. PMP certifications desirable.
• Thrives in collaborative environment
• Good communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
• Business & IT strategy experience
• Customer-focused mindset
• Knowledge of related software tools
• Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to ProjectManager.com, JIRA, MS Excel, etc.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's