IT Linux Systems Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Linux Systems Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2020 10:09|
The Linux Systems Administrator will be a part of a small team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure environment. You will be working as a productive, diligent and supportive member of a small team with proven ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services. Your main goal will be to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the Development, Test and Production environments hosted on Linux platforms and to achieve a high level of end user satisfaction. This includes the lead or participation in technical issues, consulting and development of standards in your area of expertise as well as the delivery of support services.
• Represent the Cloud Services group as a Subject Matter Expert providing expert knowledge, advice and assistance relating to Linux systems to other teams and individuals.
• Build, Manage and Configure Linux operating systems.
• Be responsible for administration of Linux systems hosted on cloud platforms.
• Be responsible for creating relevant systems documentation.
• Assist with the third level support of Linux systems including:
• Complex incident and problem resolution
• System upgrades, patching and installations
• System security
• Provide strategic guidance, leadership to team members including developing, coaching and mentorship of junior or less experienced staff
• Assess and comment on Architectural and Design documentation as required for new systems proposing to use Linux platforms.
• Work in agile team environment to deploy and trouble shoot infrastructure in Development, Test and Production environments
• Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet business requirements.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Extensive experience in administering and troubleshooting Linux platforms in a large organization.
• Demonstrated experience in:
o RHEL ver 7.x and at least one another major Linux distros
o Satellite administration
o Linux automation
o Package management
o Kernel support and troubleshooting
o Networking troubleshooting with native and 3rd party linux toolsets
o SELinux policy creation, management and troubleshooting
o AD support and integration with multiple technologies, SSSD, WinBind, Samba, Kerberos, LDAP/LDAPS etc…
o Application support with; Apache, NFS, Samba, Tomcat etc..
o IPS support experience.
o Orchestration and provisioning, infrastructure as code
o Virtualization technologies; ESXi, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V etc..
o Linux networking, patching, security and administration.
• Good experience in networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
• Strong documentation skills, including documenting standard operating procedures and build and configuration guides.
• Some exposure to Agile / SCRUM environments
• Good understanding of high availability environments is a plus
• Ability to develop and provide training to staff.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Linux Systems Administrator for TF-IS-Platforms Level 4 (TSPV)
ICT Systems Administrator (Storage and Backup) level 3 (TSPV)
ICT Systems Administrator (Storage and Backup) - Multiple level 5 (TSPV)