IT Technical Specialist
|Job Title:||IT Technical Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2020 12:32|
The Technical Symantec Toolset specialist will be part of the team supporting and working towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment. You will have proven ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships and work under pressure to meet deadlines and maintain services.
• Represent the Cloud Services group as a business analyst working with multiple teams and service providers across the Department.
• Be responsible for creating relevant documentation.
• Assist with design documentation as required for new application proposing the whitelisting rules.
• Analyse specific impacts of automation and deliver processes for integrating disparate services.
• Work in agile team environment to and be responsible for creating Product backlogs with detailed description and acceptance criteria.
• Apply technical skills to support workable solutions that meet business requirements.
• Provide strategic guidance, leadership to team members including developing, coaching and mentorship of junior or less experienced staff.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Specialist knowledge of Symantec DCS version 6.X including installation and configuration
• Specialist knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager version 14.x including installation and configuration.
• Specialist knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection Client version 14.x including installation and configuration.
• Troubleshooting experience of Symantec clients, DCS and SEP
• Advance policy design, creation, implantation and troubleshooting
• Patching experience of Symantec products on both Windows and Linux systems
• Assist application teams with application stacks
• Knowledge of REST APIs and at least one scripting language such as PowerShell to allow for creating/maintaining Symantec automations
• Knowledge of Linux Operating System and ability to troubleshoot and automate.
• Patching all Linux systems to latest kernel
• Support & administer cloud managed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to RHEL7
• Resolve Linux access issues
Location and Contract Term: This role can be Canberra or Chermside based. 12 month contract with 2 x 12 month contract extension options.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information