|Job Title:||Data Engineer|
|Start Date:||2020-08-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2020 16:11|
One of our Federal Government clients is seeking experienced data engineers to drive the design and implementation of cloud-based data analytics infrastructure for key data-centric projects.
You will be required to:
- Conduct data modelling on existing and emerging transactional and business intelligence data assets to inform data architecture;
- Develop, implement and review data-related infrastructure, processes, and procedures;
- Develop infrastructure to support hybrid data and analytics projects, integrating cloud and on-premise hosted services;
- Work as a part of an application delivery team on project-based objectives; and
- Work under limited direction and be accountable for undertaking planning, analysis, design, development, and delivery activities within tight timeframes.
- Data warehouse, ETL and coding language experience:
- Documented, hands-on ETL development using tools like SQL Server Integration Services or Azure Data Factory.
- In-depth database management experience from design, development, delivery, validation and ongoing maintenance.
- Coding experience in programming scripting languages such as Python, R.
- Data modelling experience:
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, data mining and data modelling techniques.
- Documented minimum of 5 years’ experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Report development experience.
- Experience in report development using various data visualisation tools (such as Power BI, SAS, Qlik).
- An applied understanding of UI design concepts.
- Data engineer experience:
- Demonstrated experience in developing, configuring, validating, and managing Microsoft cloud platforms, Data Factory, SQL Server, Databricks.
- Understanding of Machine Learning concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps and/or DataOps.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based. 6 months contract with a 6 month extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work requirement, our client has requested that candidates MUST have a current Baseline security clearance.
How to Apply: Applications close Thursday, 13 August 2020. Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's