|Job Title:||UX/UI Designer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2020 16:52|
We are seeking a User Experience (UX)/User Interface (UI) professional with a passion for Agile delivery to join the Departments Digital Experience Design team
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll work in a multi-disciplinary team to build world class government digital services. You’ll be responsible for understanding and articulating improvements to the Customer Experience across the The Departments digital services landscape.
Skills and Experience Required:
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience required
• Extensive experience in delivering conceptual designs and prototypes of complex systems within government
• Demonstrated experience in Human Centred Design practices
• Demonstrated experience in developing interactive prototypes based on user research
• Champion of the Digital Service Standard (DSS) and Service Design and Delivery Process (SDDP)
• Proven experience in creating interactive prototypes using Adobe XD, InVision, Axure or similar
• Demonstrated experience working on operational/live services
• Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize data for the best possible outcome
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, handling and coordinating multiple projects
• Strong presentation/facilitation skills and the ability to articulate and present solutions, ideas and recommendations
• Exceptional communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Strong advocate for accessibility and WCAG2.1 requirements
• Experience in working in Agile is highly desirable
• Successful track record working in cross-functional teams
• Motivated, positive & enthusiastic
The following skills would be an advantage:
• Highly knowledgeable in research and design methodology
• Experience in leading customer insights testing and Design Thinking workshops to ensure solutions meet usability, experience and accessibility requirements
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 6 month contract with 2 x 6 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply.
How to Apply:
Applications close 21 August.
You will be required to provide a link to examples of your recent work (and what your involvement was) as part of your application.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information