Senior Java EE Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Java EE Developer|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||August 21, 2020 18:48|
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software, in accordance with software development standards.
• In collaboration with other teams, investigate, analyse and resolve technical issues and application problems.
• Create technical documentation for design, reference and reporting.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
• Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code. Develop unit tests and conduct integration testing.
• Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable enterprise level software solutions using Java and Java EE - 25%
- Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management - 20%
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing complex technical issues - 20%
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations - 15%
- Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues - 15%
- A relevant bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification - 5%
- Experience with JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat; including use of JMS, JPA and JSF - 30%
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GIT, and PowerShell - 25%
- Experience with application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester) - 15%
- Experience with MS SQL Server - 20%
- Experience with geospatial data, GDAL/OGR - 10%
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – Initial Term to 30 June 2021 with 1 x 12 Month extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a NV1 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close 3 September 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information