Junior UCD Officer
|Job Title:||Junior UCD Officer|
|Start Date:||2020-08-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2020 12:37|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for a Junior User Centred Design (UCD) Officer to undertake research and design activities and provide logistical and project support to a multidisciplinary UCD team.
You will need to have experience or demonstrated learning in UCD processes and design thinking methodologies, as you will be providing support in the planning and execution of a large UCD program of work.
You will also need to be a strong team player, demonstrating flexibility and agility in meeting customers’ needs and through supporting team members in delivering high quality UCD services. A successful candidate should appreciate a high pace environment, where they are able to work under direction or independently. While the Junior UCD Officer should be result focused, they should also take an interest in ongoing refinement and improvement of procedures and processes to improve the longer term maturity of support activities and services.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Supporting the team in setting up and defining UCD projects.
- Undertaking specific qualitative and quantitative research tasks as directed.
- Setting up and supporting a range of UCD and research activities.
- Supporting creation of resources and artefacts related to UCD projects.
- Promoting process improvement through identifying opportunities to streamline processes/solutions.
- Providing ad hoc support to Team Leaders in undertaking administrative and team related support tasks.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of UCD processes and methodologies.
- Ability to demonstrate prior knowledge or learning in user research and service design methods and activities (including, but not limited to, user research, contextual inquiry, mapping of tasks, concept testing and other methodologies).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a support role within an ICT, corporate design or similar environment will be highly regarded.
- Well organised and demonstrates initiative when identifying and undertaking tasks.
- Experience working in a team environment where a strong customer focus exists.
- Experience using corporate systems such as SharePoint or SAP and the Microsoft Office Suite.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra OR Sydney based. 12 month contract with an extension option
Security Requirements: MUST be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply: Applications close Thursday, 27 August 2020. Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Support Officer Level 4 (TSPV)
Project Support Officer Level 2 (TSPV)
Project Support Officer (Coordination & Document Writer) level 4 (TSPV)
Project Manager Level 5 (TSPV)