IT Service Management Consultant
|Job Title:||IT Service Management Consultant|
|Start Date:||2020-08-23 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||August 24, 2020 13:54|
Are you passionate about IT Service Management and the cloud? Do you have experience with Microsoft technology, and a passion for process and optimization?
One of our large private clients is looking for a highly experience IT Service Management Consultant who will specialise in Cloud automation, governance and operations for their enterprise customers. This role works across Asia / APAC to help IT Departments adopt modern technology fields such as Azure; DevOps; and Cyber Security.
This role will deliver high quality Service Management solutions for Microsoft enterprise customers across all industries. Consulting activities can range from helping define and refine Modern Service Management processes; reducing risk by analysing the underlying non-technical reasons for IT service failures; and delivering expert guidance for Service Improvements. The role achieves this by working with customers to further develop and enhance their Cloud IT Service Management strategy and capabilities, with a focus on enabling customers to understand and realize the opportunities of Cloud and the impact on people and processes that migrations to the Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) can bring.
This is a senior role and requires candidates to have at least 10+ years of IT Service Management in a consulting environment. To be successful in the role you will need recent hands-on IT Service Management experience across several disciplines, including but not limited to Azure; DevOps; and Cyber Security. You will also need experience in transitioning IT services to Cloud service providers. This is an external facing consulting role with Microsoft’s Enterprise customers.
It is essential you have experience working as a consultant in a project-based structure and you can demonstrate the ability to achieve results through influence. Certification in ITIL® v2 Service Manager or ITIL® v3/4 Expert is a prerequisite; or ITIL® v3/4 Foundations with proven experience.
Please note – When COVID-19 travel restrictions lift, travel will be an integral part of this position (50-70% of the role) as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. In the meantime, remote delivery will be leveraged. Candidates need to be able to accommodate both.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Delivering high quality consulting solutions centered on Modern Service Management for our client’s Enterprise customers.
- Effectively working within project-based delivery teams, with an ability to influence a variety of stakeholders, ranging from C-Suite level to line management.
- Quantifying the needs of the customer to achieve value outcomes; champion required methodology; capture/reuse IP; and share recommended practices.
- Contributing effectively to the Adoption & Change Management (ACM) and Modern Service Management (MSM) Consulting Team in a proactive manner.
- Managing consulting delivery risk effectively and effectively contribute to project governance; including managing project scope, delivery schedules, and issue resolution.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of professional experience in IT Service Management, with 5+ of those years being in a consulting environment
- IT Service Management experience leveraging Microsoft technology, with expertise in the Azure, DevOps, and Cyber Security disciplines.
- Mandatory certification or accreditation:
- Certification in ITIL® v2 Service Manager or ITIL® v3/4 Expert; or ITIL® v3/4 Foundations with proven experience.
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner
- Familiarity with any or all of the following:
- Six Sigma methods
- IT Governance frameworks such as Cobit
- IT standards like BS15000 and ISO20000
- SCRUM, Agile, SAFe, Lean IT
- Executive-level (C-Suite) interpersonal, verbal, written & presentation skills
- Exceptional strategic planning skills to determine business requirements, develop customer strategies and develop plans to achieve the business requirements identified
- Experience working with different regional cultures and within a virtual global practice team
- Experience in project management for the purpose of managing the delivery of a consulting project is valued
- Fluent in English. Fluency in other languages relevant to the Asia / APAC region will also be highly regarded.
Location: Can be based in either: Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra or Melbourne
Contract Term: 6 month contract (possible extension option)
Security Requirements: MUST be an Australian Citizen.
How to Apply: Applications close Wednesday, 2 September 2020. Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's