It Application Developer
|Job Title:||It Application Developer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||August 25, 2020 11:47|
We are seeking an experienced Senior application developer who will work across both the Departments Logging and Monitoring Project and BAU.
The position will be accountable for the activities involving the development and/or maintenance of computer applications in accordance with Department standards and guidelines.
- Actively participate in the development lifecycle, which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting and maintenance.
- Work collaboratively with team members, management, and internal and external stakeholders on a range of activities. Take the initiative and ownership to undertake problem solving and demonstrate an understanding of change control and release management procedures.
- Provide advice and undertake complex activities associated with developing and/or supporting computer applications. Apply technical skills to design, implement and support workable solutions to meet project/business requirements.
- Develop and maintain a network with others internally and externally, build relationships with team members, management, and a range of stakeholders.
- Research and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices.
- Develop and maintain necessary levels of expertise and take responsibility for sharing knowledge with others and assist them to adapt Lead, change and deal with uncertainty in a positive and flexible manner
Skills and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate for this role will have highly developed skills using Visual Studio development with experience in .Net, C#, Java Script and HTML.
• Complex development activities, program design and web development.
• Analysing business requirements to develop capability that meets business outcomes.
• Extensive Visual Studio development including developing search user interfaces across big data stores.
• Visual Studio development with experience in .Net, C#, Java Script, HTML and UML
• Proven expertise and extensive experience in writing technical documentation
• Ability to work with project managers, project team members and business representatives to deliver outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated with minimal direct management and a demonstrated commitment to meeting deadlines
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till June 2021. 2 x 3 month extension options pending budget & delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 28 August.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's