Service Desk Knowledge Base Author
|Job Title:||Service Desk Knowledge Base Author|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||September 07, 2020 18:06|
The successful applicant will be required to:
Development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the Service Desk Knowledgebase including systems, tools, resources, artefacts, and training modules for service desk staff and staff, knowledgebase policies, and processes in alignment with the ITIL framework.
• Managing knowledgebase content throughout the documentation lifecycle, including document creation, review, implementation, upkeep, reviews, responses to feedback, and managing topics; including general operations of the knowledgebase space involving creating and modifying document workflows, identifying content owners, and reviewing expiring or ageing documentation.
• Writing and maintaining technical documentation and service management system design specifications; and the documentation of new processes in consultation with business representatives, Subject Matter Experts, and other specialists.
• Research knowledge management requirements and tools and advise on their applicability in the environment and department projects.
• Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
• Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals. In addition, represent the agency by promoting its interests in various forums.
• Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
• Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities, milestones and responsibilities.
• Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time
Skills and Experience Required
- Understanding in the application of the ITIL framework and its relationship with service and knowledge management.
- Understanding of applying service and knowledge management practices across an organisation and within a knowledge base.
- Knowledge and experience in documenting service desk support artifacts and tools for clients and maintenance of a knowledge base
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst responding to stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network.
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – Initial Term to 30 June 2021 with 1 x 12 Month extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Baseline Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 13 September 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's