Senior Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Business Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2020 12:26|
An experienced Senior Business Analyst (BA) Data is required to join the Program, who will
bring strong requirements management and process analysis and design capabilities to the
team to support their assigned projects through the delivery lifecycle. Leveraging past
experienced from similar programs and projects of work.
The successful candidate will join an established team replacing core data
services for the department. They will have +7 years project experience in managing requirements
through their lifecycle (e.g. elicitation, traceability, prioritisation, communicating requirement
intent, assessing change requests, supporting defect triage, and identifying requirements gaps)
in waterfall and agile environments.
They will also have had experience in analysing and designing operational business processes.
Are expected to deliver high quality deliverables that are fit for purpose including: business and
detailed solution requirements (both functional and non-functional); process analysis, models
and designs; decision papers and recommendations; other project documents as requested.
They will be able to develop a BA approach and BA work plans aligned to program/project
scope, advocate good BA practises, collaboration and engagement with delivery teams and
The successful candidate will have experience in eliciting information across a diverse group of
both technical and non-technical stakeholders, have an ability to grasp new concepts quickly,
and be able to distil and communicate complex information.
They should be resilient and able to work through ambiguity to achieve the program goals.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience: collaborating with and coaching vendors
through business analysis activities; knowledge of security principles, practises and applicable
standards (PSPF, ISM, ISO27001, NIST CSF etc); knowledge of business process notational
2 languages and frameworks (e.g. BPMN 2.0; APQC, BPM, LEAN, Six Sigma etc); previous exposure to ITIL.
Skills and Experience Required
- +7 years' experience as a Business Analyst.
- Experience working on large scale transformation programs with multiple vendors.
- Experience in managing requirements through their lifecycle (e.g. elicitation,traceability, prioritisation, communicating requirement intent, assessing change requests, supporting defect triage and identifying requirements gaps).
- Experience analysing and designing operational business processes.
- Experience as a BA supporting all phases of the delivery lifecycle from Initiation, Procurement and Tender stages through Design and Build, to Testing, Implementation and Transition to Operations.
- Experiencing working with a diverse stakeholder group including exec level stakeholders, ICT operations and technical teams, as well as customer facing and business operations teams.
- Project experience as a BA in waterfall and agile environments.
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to flex style and approach.
- Pragmatic, flexible, self-aware, resilient, proactive and results driven.
- Experience managing requirements tools via Microfocus ALM/Quality Centre/JIRA/Confluence.
- The candidate must state their agreement to have or obtain a baseline security clearance.
- Collaborating with and coaching vendors through business analysis activities.
- Knowledge of security principles, practises, and applicable standards (e.g. PSPF,
- ISM, ISO27001, NIST CSF etc).
- Knowledge of business process notational languages and frameworks (e.g. BPMN
- 2.0; APQC, BPM, LEAN, Six Sigma etc).
- Familiarity with enterprise process modelling tools.
- Previous exposure to ITIL and IT Service Management.
Location and Contract Term:
Melbourne Based – Initial Term to 30 June 2021 with 1 x 12 Month extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 September 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's