|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2020 12:32|
The data analyst uses their expertise in relational databases to build queries that support discovery, reporting insights and models.
• Deep SQL expertise in large enterprise systems (preferably Teradata but not limited to)
• EDH skills and experience
• Query optimisation and best practices
• Basic data modelling for business intelligence
• Experience in Hadoop-based SQL platforms (Hive/Impala etc)
Our Ideal Job Seeker:
Thrives in a highly dynamic environment and deals well with uncertainty. We are a team of many moving parts and our ideal candidate will need to adjust their approach depending on audience. Integration and collaboration is key, as well, the ability to pivot quickly and cover gaps to ensure the success of our team overall.
The successful candidate(s) will use data analysis skills to deliver requirements, analyse, process data and documentation to support delivery of a number of data and analytics initiatives. This includes data on-boarding and exchange, development of risk and assurance models, data visualisation and the delivery of business compliance initiatives. The candidate will enable business reporting and decision making by working with our designers to make data accessible and consumable.
Skills and Experience Required:
Day to Day tasks
• Produce SQL scripts and use other data analytical software tools to undertake and manage complex research and analysis or data extraction associated with identifying and sizing compliance risks, monitoring and profiling, program evaluation, trend analysis and data collection
• Be accountable for specific data analysis tasks, including providing specialised advice and recommendations, monitor project and work progress and manage priorities
• Utilise analytic techniques and methods independently to develop technical data solutions to achieve business outcomes
• Gather and investigate data and statistical information from a variety of sources to undertake business system and solution design; consider identified risks, trends, impediments and opportunities and develop and implement strategies to address them
• Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of issues to influence desired outcomes and to achieve work area and agency goals
• Work collaboratively to utilise analytic techniques and methods to develop technological situations to achieve business outcomes
• Identify and resolve complex problems using specialist knowledge and experience, identification and development of ideas, analysis of alternative courses of action and their implications
Location and Contract Term: This is a Brisbane based role. Contract till 30 June 2021. 1 x 6 month contract extension option pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's