|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2020 13:21|
The successful candidate requires an in-depth understanding of data-science concepts. They will take the lead in solving complex data-science problems, and guide/mentor others to achieve results.
The data scientist uses their expertise in analytical modelling, algorithms and statistical methods to produce insight from large volumes of data.
In collaboration with Department Data Scientists, the successful candidate will develop analytical solutions to deliver transformative technical projects which provide significant business value to the Department. They will work closely with business clients to conduct requirement analysis, develop advanced analytical solutions to deliver insights to business for risk identification/assessment and decision making, as well as deploy models to production.
• Work with a cross functional team of analysts, report developers and engineers to move Proof-of-Concept models/products to production for clients
• Utilise complex analytic techniques and experimental methods independently to develop technological solutions to achieve business outcomes, using computational methods to discover data patterns and to develop classification, prediction and optimisation models
• Manipulate and analyse big data from disparate systems
• Apply in depth knowledge in forecasting, statistics, econometric modelling, linear programming and other optimisation algorithms and quantitative techniques, strong data cleansing skills and experience in devising testing methods • Develop, enhance and maintain a range of mathematical models to monitor demand and analyse behaviour
• Manage relationships with stakeholders across a range of complex issues to influence desired outcomes and actively participate in technical forums both internally and externally
• Work collaboratively in a team environment, consult and share information with others and communicate decisions and progress to achieve work area and business outcomes
• Provide technical knowledge and expertise in reducing vast and disparate data sets into categorised and useful summaries and reports to improve user experiences and support overall business outcomes
• Work closely with project managers and technical leads to meet deliverables and assist in data-driven development of products to industry and agency standards
• Convert stakeholder needs into business requirements and provide analytical solutions to support those needs
• Present data and complex numerical information in a clear and concise manner and clearly communicate statistical concepts to senior and non-technical audiences
• Encourage the use of new technologies and techniques to solve data problems and publish regular reporting and dashboards
Skills and Experience Required:
Our Ideal Job Seeker:
Thrives in a highly dynamic environment and deals well with uncertainty. We are a team of many moving parts and our ideal candidate will need to adjust their approach depending on audience. Integration and collaboration is key, as well, the ability to pivot quickly and cover gaps to ensure the success of our team overall.
• Deep expertise in algorithms and statistical methods • Demonstrated skill in choosing methods commensurate with the business problem • Demonstrated knowledge and experience with machine learning and analytics programming languages and tools, in particular R (experience in Shiny is highly desirable) and Python • Qualifications in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant disciplines • Strong practical experience (preferably 2+ years’ experience) across a number of data science areas such as machine learning including deep learning, statistical modelling, natural language processing, behavioural analytics and visualisation • Strong data wrangling and analysis skills • Professional commitment and skills of maintaining code quality • Familiarity with the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem, and experience in Scala would be a bonus • Can work both independently and as part of a team to achieve results • Demonstrated capability of communicating clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Location and Contract Term: This is an Adelaide based role. Contract till June 2021 with 1 x 6 month contract extension option.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is requried.
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 September.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's