Senior Data Engineer Level 5 (NV2)
|Job Title:||Senior Data Engineer Level 5 (NV2)|
|Contact Name:||Kate Kornsasi|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2020 17:08|
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Uses experience and knowledge of appropriate techniques and their strengths, such as ETL batch processing, streaming ingestion, scrapers, APIs and crawlers, to acquire open source data
- Ability to conduct data acquisition from relational databases and flat files. Ability to hack/wrangle complex data, selecting appropriate techniques, such as parsing, and algorithms into a data structure relevant to the problem.
- Utilises experience to design, review and monitor optimal approach for data quality assessment for complex projects and to conduct data quality verification utilising a detailed understanding of the data, potential issues, such as missing values, duplicates, inconsistencies and the implications for the data science/analytics process.
- Experience in utilising a number of data cleaning techniques and approaches for structured and unstructured data such as data wrangling, batch processing, data mining, data enhancement, data harmonisation and data standardisation.
- Minimum 7 year’s Data Engineering experience
- Desirable qualification: Tertiary qualification in a technology field.
SFIA Level of Responsibility Required: The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 5.
Location and Contract Term: The role is based in Canberra. 24 months contract.
Security Requirements: Due to the nature of the work, we require a minimum NV2 security clearance level. Candidates with current or recently held (and able to be re-activated) TSPV clearances will be highly regarded. All successful candidates will need to hold or upgrade to a TSPV prior to commencement
How to Apply:
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you will need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Applications open until 09 October 2020.
Call Kate 0447 199 931 for any further information.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's