Solution Architect Lead
|Job Title:||Solution Architect Lead|
|Start Date:||2020-09-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||September 28, 2020 13:00|
One of our private clients is looking for a highly experienced Solution Architect Lead who will provide technical strategic direction for the technology integration into their client’s network and information environment.
The position will be based in Canberra and require domestic and international travel
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the solution design team and ensure design artefact deliverables as well as associated gate reviews and design approvals are completed according to the project schedule.
- Designing architectures as needed using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Ensuring technical solution, test, support, and certification plans all meet business and operational requirements and objectives.
- Overseeing the development of Detailed Designs to support the delivery of work packages.
- Leading the development of systems designs requiring introduction of new technologies or re-use for existing technologies and capabilities.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative design options and trade-offs.
- Reviewing design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and ensure the solution is aligned with both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Reviewing, verifying and improving designs against specifications.
- Interacting and negotiating with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- 5-10 years’ experience in leading a team in the integration, operation and maintenance of military/strategic ICT based mission systems
- Demonstrable experience in designing and documenting software interfaces and interoperability between IT systems.
- Experience with various architecture styles and able to tailor architectures to specific needs of the project.
- Previous experience in the management, integration, operation or maintenance of military/strategic ICT based ISREW mission systems.
- Excellent understanding of Defence projects and the Systems Engineering Life Cycle.
- Skilled and effective communicator, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment, lead meetings and engage with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a high tempo environment that can be uncertain and ambiguous at times.
- Effective planner with efficient time management skills.
- Ability to conduct research, as well as rapidly learn new concepts and tasks, with a view of improving technical knowledge and skills.
Location: Canberra (may require domestic and international travel)
Contract Term: 12 month contract
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen. Due to the work environment, our client has requested that all candidates must hold a current NV2 Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Thursday, 1 October 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's