EL1/EL2 Accountant or Business Advisor
|Job Title:||EL1/EL2 Accountant or Business Advisor|
|Contact Name:||Connie TONG|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2020 12:36|
The Accountant/Business Advisor will work as part of an integrated project team to support the delivery of the department’s capability. The Contractor will deliver the following services:
The Contractor will assist in the development of financial services in accordance with Commonwealth direction. Specifically, the Contractor shall:
- Establish and maintain facilities for delivery of financial support
- Provide quarterly audit reports on Commonwealth expenditure associated with financial arrangements
- Facilitate third-party oversight of financial management processes for security and audit purposes.
The Contractor will assist in the development of procurement services in accordance with Commonwealth direction. Specifically, the Contractor shall:
1. Support the Commonwealth in establishing, procuring, and managing assets. This may include the following:
- Asset or infrastructure acquisition
- Asset or infrastructure movement
- Asset or infrastructure disposal
- Distribution of any funds back to the Commonwealth following disposal of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE)
The Contractor will assist in the development of business commercial services in accordance with Commonwealth direction. Specifically, the Contractor shall:
- Establish, manage, operate and disband commercial entities and services in accordance with Australian and, where applicable, international legislation and regulations
- Understand and effectively manage payments and administration of funds
- Assist in the identification and engagement of suitable businesses and/or acquisition of assets, including financial and legal due diligence steps, for Commonwealth endorsement/approval
- As required, establish and maintain the department’s approved contractual agreements
- Develop and manage business continuity processes and procedures that would ensure capabilities can be managed for the duration of the requirement
- Audit commercial third parties for regulatory compliance and fit-for-purpose measures, reporting deficiencies or non-compliance matters and proposing solutions to the Commonwealth.
The Contractor agrees to also act in accordance with Commonwealth direction on other requirements and regulatory tasks. These shall include, but not be limited to:
- Evaluate and report on the suitability and compliance of potential commercial business entities
- Accurately record and allow oversight of all processes and procedures
- Conduct audits every six months or when requested by the Commonwealth, reporting findings, and updating procedures as appropriated.
- Participate in any meetings and undertake reporting as directed by the Commonwealth
- As requested, conduct investigations into security and/or financial allegations or incidents and report findings in writing within a reasonable directed timeframe.
The Accountant/Business Advisor shall provide a suitably qualified and experienced individual with a NV2 clearance to provide business financial management deliverables and business accounting support on an ongoing basis as directed by the Commonwealth Representative.
The selected individual will demonstrate:
1. A strong understanding of business finances –preferably with financial or business management qualifications and experience in one or more of:
- Company and financial structures
- Commercial financial management and small business accountancy
- Company/ commercial entity legislation and compliance matters
- Financial risk, fraud, and forensic accountancy.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Location and Contract Term:
The role is Canberra based. Initial 12 Month Contract with the possibility of extension.
Applicants much be Australian Citizens. An NV2 security clearance is required for this role.
How to Apply:
Applications close 05 November 2020
Please submit your application include: your resume, contact details of two referees, and a ‘one page pitch’ (500 words maximum) telling us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job. We will be in touch shortly for suitably skilled candidates.
Call Connie 0419 890 865 for any further information.