IT Mainframe Application Developer
|Job Title:||IT Mainframe Application Developer|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 06, 2020 13:09|
We are seeking highly motivated Mainframe developers to join in our dynamic team to work in number of applications which are running in the Mainframe production domain. The successful candidate is accountable for to coordinate and undertake detailed, complex, IT technical or sensitive operational and administrative work that impacts on the Departments operations. It may be required to produce high-level IT technical, operational and procedural advice, engaging in complex problem solving and issues management.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Experience in developing and maintenance of computer applications through agile methodology using Cool:Gen, Cobol and in accordance with Department standards and guidelines
• Identify problems in application and infrastructure areas and assess their significance and provide technical solutions to resolve the issues
• Maintain effective performance levels, own expertise and build the skills of staff through knowledge transfer
• Understand and operate within agreed quality standards and develop continuous improvement processes to enhance procedures of current and new work practices
• Support all phases of the development lifecycle which may include analysis, design, building, testing, documenting, implementation, and maintenance
• Understand the strategic objectives of stakeholders in the development of products and delivery mechanisms to improve business outcomes
• Engage with stakeholders on complex issues in order to provide or obtain information and negotiate relevant outcomes
• Provide expert advice to senior staff and relevant business areas on operational and administrative work, and develop strategies to resolve operational and administrative problems
• Lead, change and deal with uncertainty while addressing production issues in a positive and flexible manner.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. Contract till November 2021. 1 x 12 month contract extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. The ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's