Technology / Application Architects
|Job Title:||Technology / Application Architects|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||October 06, 2020 16:47|
The successful applicant will be required to:
Have experience in designing and implementing applications from ground up including application architecture, application design, database design and development
Previous experience as a developer before becoming an architect is essential
Be up to date in the latest technologies o Have experience in implementing systems on premises and Cloud
Have experience in PaaS and SaaS solutions
Have knowledge and experience in architecting for maintenance and application performance
Have knowledge in application design patterns and application development patterns
Understand networking concepts
Understand authorisation frameworks and well as authentication mechanisms
Be able to work in an agile, virtual team environment
Be able to collaborate effectively with business and IT stakeholders
Have excellent communication and presentation skills
Have the following essential skillsets and skill levels outlined below
Skills and Experience Required
- Specialist advice (TECH 5) o Actively maintains recognised expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms. Provides expert advice in their specialist area(s). Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organisational objectives.
- Systems design (DESN 5) o Designs large or complex systems. Makes recommendations based on associated risks. Reviews others' systems designs for appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology. Contributes to development of systems design policies and standards and selection of architecture components.
- Solution architecture (ARCH 4) o Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas. Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance and scalability.
- Information security (SCTY 3) o Communicates information security risks and issues to business managers and others. Performs basic risk assessments for small information systems. Contributes to vulnerability assessments. Applies and maintains specific security controls as required by organisational policy and local risk assessments.
- Emerging technology monitoring (EMRG 6) o Leads the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and the evaluation of the potential impacts, threats and opportunities. Creates technology roadmaps which align organisational plans with emerging technology solutions. Engages with, and influences, relevant stakeholders to obtain organisational commitment to roadmaps.
- Consultancy (CNSL 5) o Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with and facilitates stakeholder groups. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Requirements definition and management (REQM 4) o Contributes to selection of the requirements approach for projects, selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition and prioritisation activities for initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Enterprise and business architecture (STPL 5) o Contributes to the creation and review of a systems capability strategy which meets the strategic requirements of the business. Develops models and plans to drive the execution of the strategy, taking advantage of opportunities to improve business performance.
- Information assurance (INAS 5) o Interprets information assurance and security policies and applies these in order to manage risks. Provides advice and guidance to ensure adoption of and adherence to information assurance architectures, strategies, policies, standards and guidelines. Contributes to the development of policies, standards and guidelines.
- Network design (NTDS 5) o Produces outline system designs, specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within the organisation. Specifies user/system interfaces, including validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls. Translates logical designs into physical designs.
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – Initial Term to 30 June 2021 with 2 x 12 Month extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close 19 October 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's