IT Test Analyst
|Job Title:||IT Test Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 12, 2020 13:06|
As an IT Test Analyst, you will be responsible for preparing and executing scripts that evaluate the performance of developed applications and test their compatibility within the intended operating environment.
You’ll develop strategies and test plans to meet testing requirements and coordinate the delivery of a test project phase, in coordination with business and other teams.
• Develop strategies and test plans determine test scope and meet application testing requirements
• Plan and design strategies to effectively and accurately test the technical aspects of integration services components, products and releases
• Develop a sound business understanding ensuring tests are defined and developed, with close alignment to the business use of the system.
• Design test cases, create test data, execute test cases and scripts
• Co-ordinate the delivery of a test project phase, in coordination with business and other teams
• Raise defects and risks and collaborate on their resolution Identify and report on technical issues or risks and collaborate on their resolution.
• Report on test metrics and test closure activities.
• Attend regular stand-up sessions and represent QA in release planning, to ensure balanced, low-risk distribution of testing tasks throughout the iteration.
• Keep team members and reporting manager regularly informed of progress on testing, and of any risk to meeting release timelines or quality standards.
• Share your knowledge and experience to build capability.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Understands the different approaches to the agile development & testing lifecycle to determine readiness for transition to the production environment.
• Can use a range of test management tools including ALM, Azure DevOps, TFS, MTM etc.
• Experience in functional testing; system, integration, regression, API
• Experience testing across different operating systems including Linux and Windows
• Experience documenting processes and procedures for the undertaking of testing activities
• Applies sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and related technologies (e.g. Selenium, Protractor/Karma, Cucumber, and automation framework) in development of automated test suites.
• Identifies and automates manual test cases where necessary.
• Encourages and promotes quality excellence within a team, ensure that work practices are effective and consistent, that best practice is identified and shared; undertakes quality assurance activities
• Commits to achieving quality business and service delivery outcomes and performance objectives
• Understands the importance of tracking the progress of testing against planned schedules
• Will adhere to the the Departments system development methodologies in all test activities
• Maintains knowledge and develop own skills to ensure continuous improvement and professional development
• Demonstrates practical experience working in an Agile environment.
Location and Contract Term: Adelaide or Canberra based role. 6 month contract with 3 x 6 month contract extension offer pending budget & delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply. A baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 14 October..
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's