|Job Title:||Communications Lead|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||October 13, 2020 15:34|
You are a seasoned communication professional with extensive experience in designing and delivering communication strategies and stakeholder engagement programs for complex business change, for both internal and external audiences.
You will provide strategic communications advice and work closely with the Bureau's senior leaders and communications teams, key internal stakeholders, the Program's organisational change team and delivery partners to implement a comprehensive external communication strategy to support release of the departments new digital platform.
You will be responsible for developing and managing the execution of external communications and stakeholder engagement plans at national, regional and local levels, to ensure the Bureau's diverse and large number of stakeholder groups including customers, partners and community members are supported to transition to the Bureau's new digital platform.
In addition to your strategic and planning skills, you have outstanding core communication skills (written and oral) and a willingness to play a hands-on role in supporting the execution of multiple communication plans.
To be successful you will have demonstrated experience of managing communications programs within complex change or transformation contexts for both internal and external audiences.
Reporting to the Organisational Change Lead for the delivery stream, this position will oversee the external communications required to successfully implement and transition one of the most accessed digital platforms in Australia. Working as part of the organisation change team, and supported by a Change Communications Advisor, the position will manage the delivery of the external communication strategy including coordination across all teams involved in delivering components of the strategy. The role will also be responsible for executing targeted stakeholder engagement plans to ensure all stakeholders are aware of what is changing and supported through the transition.
You will have a proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, build positive stakeholder relationships and the ability to manage multiple deadlines under pressure.
Experience in government, and/or significant public change programs will be highly regarded.
Skills and Experience Required:
A. Proven experience
- Can demonstrate a successful track record of undertaking a communications role for a major website release, or similar high-profile public change program requiring the management of extensive and diverse stakeholder relationships, technical complexity and potential for operational impacts
- Experience in applying ‘better practice’ approaches to all aspects of change management that are practical, and results focussed.
- Relevant qualifications and more than 10 years' experience, in strategic communications roles.
B. Achieves results
- Delivers on intended results and marshal's professional expertise.
- Steers and implements change plans and deals with uncertainty.
- Develops and supports innovative solutions.
C. Shapes strategic thinking
- Thinks analytically and focuses strategically.
- Shows judgement, intelligence and common sense.
D. Nurtures productive working relationships
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
E. Communicates with influence
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiates persuasively.
- Listens, understands and adapts to audience.
F. Exemplifies personal drive and integrity
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Engages with risk and shows personal courage.
- Galvanises others to act.
- Displays resilience and self-awareness, and a commitment to personal development.
- Experience working within State or Federal government, or experience working on a digital transformation program, within an iterative delivery framework would be desirable.
Location and Contract Term:
Melbourne based. ASAP until 30 June 2021 with 1 x 12 month extension option
Must be an Australian Citizen. An Ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close Friday, 16 October 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's