Senior Application Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Application Developer|
|Start Date:||2020-10-15 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2020 18:25|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for up to three (3) highly experienced Senior Application Developers.
You may be required to undertake official travel interstate.
- Being accountable to the Program Manager to ensure team outputs meet Program stakeholder needs;
- Working with Product Owners to drive the delivery of technical solutions through the management of their own team and coordination with other technical teams;
- Providing extensive application development knowledge and skills to support Technical Leads in project delivery including the management of own workload;
- Designing, developing and implementing software according to our client’s and industry standards and practices in the following (or similar) technologies:
- Identity and Access Management
- Hadoop Big Data Platforms
- Cloud Infrastructure (MS Azure)
- API-based integration patterns
- (modern) Data Management tools (supporting both ETL and ELT patterns)
- Integrated Data Management solutions
- Integrated DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Open-source and COTS technology products.
- Mentoring junior application developers to transfer skills and knowledge;
- Developing comprehensive documentation and perform testing to demonstrate built software and support successful system implementations;
- Providing ongoing production support for our client’s capability and related infrastructure;
- Leading and developing a small technical team focused on developing new or enhanced business applications;
- Delegating and managing team workload, creating accountability and responsibility across our client.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of software solutions using SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Well-developed leadership and people management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective internal and external working relationships through consultation and sharing of information.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, including demonstrated ability to maintain productive working relationships and to liaise effectively with senior stakeholders to reach agreement on complex matters.
- Ability to shape strategic thinking, apply sound judgement and align operational activities with corporate goals.
- Experience in using Big Data tools such as Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), KafkaHQ, Neo4j and Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated experience through software development with the Azure Cloud Platform.
Contract Term: Until 30 June 2021 with 2 x 12 month extension options.
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen and must have the ability to obtain a Negative Vetting Level 1 (NV1) security clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Wednesday, 21 October 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cloud Application Developer Level 4 (TSPV)
Cloud Application Developer – Technical Team Lead Level 5 (TSPV)
Senior Developer (Python) (NV1)
Business Application Support Officer – vFire Specialist (NV1)
Java EE Developer