|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joanne Finchett|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 10:15|
AGEIS is the central IT business application of Australia’s national greenhouse gas inventory system. Its greenhouse gas emissions estimate modelling, QC, inventory compilation and reporting and archiving functions: implement Australia’s emission reporting obligations under the UN climate treaties; track compliance with domestic and international emission reduction commitments; informs development of domestic abatement policies; monitors the effectiveness of those policies; and, informs future emission reduction targets. AGEIS also supports preparation of Australia’s annual emissions projections estimates. AGEIS’s forward development plan will support Australia’s compliance with the Paris Agreement and the provision of a broader range of policy-relevant, more granular emission estimates. It will also involve the migration of AGEIS to cloud-based services.
The project manager will:
• Work closely with the AGEIS Steering Committee, Business Analyst, Database Operations Manager, and external IT service provider to maintain and enhance AGEIS.
• Liaise with business users, the Department’s ICT group and external IT services provider to ensure timely release, deployment and testing of agreed improvements and resolution of technical issues.
• Lead procurement of future additional external IT service providers, manage provider contracts, and AGEIS-related budget processes, supported by the business owners and Business Analyst.
• Provide secretariat support to AGEIS Steering and Project Committees, including weekly updates to senior management, and maintenance of AGEIS system documentation. This role will suit an experienced project manager with experience in software change management and business administration.
Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to manage large, complex software application projects such as Australian Greenhouse Emissions Information System - 25%
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues to ensure timely completion of project timelines, and experience in software deployment - 25%
- Ability to manage contracts and procurement processes, and develop project documentation, including progress reports for senior management, and maintain IT system documentation - 20%
- Excellent technical, analytical, inter-personal, communication skills enabling identification and mitigation of key risks to the project, including obtaining support from key stakeholders - 15%
- Demonstrated experience (more than 5 years) in managing software development projects and business applications - 15%
- Experience in software development to more effectively liaise with business users and the Department’s IT area
- Experience in data analysis and scientific computing
Location and Contract Term:
Canberra Based – 12 Months with 1 x 12 Months extension options
Must be an Australian Citizen. Must have a Baseline Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close 29 October 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Jo Finchett 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's