IT Database Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 11:55|
The Mainframe Database Administrator will work in a team to manage the mainframe Db2 database application environments. You will involve in architectural and design inputs, structure changes, technical support, performance tuning, monitoring, on-going process enhancement, and collaborate with developers, designers, vendors and our Service Providers.
You will guide and support less experienced staff by coaching, reviewing their work and providing feedback to build team capability. You will encourage and support a culture of continuous improvement.
You are required to participate in the on-call support roster out of hours and may be required to lead the team.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Mainframe Database (Db2) Support lead.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Over 5 years’ experience in administering, mentoring and supporting large-scale mainframe Db2 environments;
• Ability to assist on other strategic projects such as exploiting new Db2 features and tools testing. Other mainframe non-Db2 skills would also be advantageous and highly valued;
• Skills, knowledge and experience especially in Db2, SQL, Db2 Tools and Utilities, and one or more of z/OS, COBOL, JCL, ISPF, CICS, REXX, SAS and SCLM;
• Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills; Client focussed and a collaborative team member; Ability to advise on complex issues and risks;
• Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to tailor communication style and delivery in an accessible and effective format suitable to any given audience and
• Provide expert advice to other technical specialists and business stakeholders.
Location and Contract Term: Canberra based role. 12 month contract with 2 x 6 month contract extensions pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 22 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SQL Database Administrator
Database and report developer level 4 (COGNOS 11/T-SQL) (Baseline)
Systems Administrator (NV2)
Atlassian Administrator level 4 (TSPV)
Systems Administrator - Linux level 5 (TSPV)