|Job Title:||Information Designer|
|Start Date:||2020-10-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Mohammed Samsam|
|Job Published:||October 20, 2020 12:32|
One of our Federal Government clients is looking for a highly experienced Information Designer who will be responsible for disseminating information received from various sources and will be required to provide leadership for the development infographics and other visual material, including maps, graphs, charts, for use as part of proposals, business cases, presentations, reports and other communications requirements.
The Information Designer uses their extensive experience in infographics to support to use of data for storytelling, and to inform identified audiences in a simplified and engaging design.
This role engages with Program Leadership, technical staff, and subject matter experts to obtain information and effectively plan and design the appropriate format and means of distributing the collated information.
The Information Designer will be responsible for ensuring that their work meets Branch and Program requirements, and that their infographic output supports the Program in achieving its objectives.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge within the area of information design.
Key position responsibilities
- Drive the development and implementation of initiatives, strategies or methodologies relating to information design, development and presentation.
- Analyse, interpret, format present data and information received from various sources internal and external to the Branch.
- Recognise discrepancies in information and data sets, and work closely with the information source to correct and present the information in an easily digestible format.
- Participate in, and contribute to, Branch and Section meetings related to information needs for meeting project requirements.
- Provide strategic advice to relevant Program leaders regarding to support the achievement of identified objectives.
- Liaise with the Portfolio Director, Change Lead and other relevant internal stakeholders to provide communication challenges with infographic solutions.
- May be required to supervise a team to ensure high quality outputs, including the development of team members at lower classifications, building team capacity and encouraging career development.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals.
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Qualifications or requisite experience in information and graphic design/data visualisation
- Ability to understand technical data and translate this information into layman’s terms
- Advanced experience with data visualisiton tools and the Adobe Creative suite
- Experience in presenting complicated data and information in an engaging and easily absorbed manner.
- Proven ability to simplify explanatory information while maintaining the accuracy of the information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff while developing capabilities, encouraging career development and promoting professionalism.
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters.
Contract Term: Until 30 June 2021 with a 12 month extension option
Security Requirements: Must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close Monday, 26 October 2020
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Web Developer Level 5 (NV1)
GIS Operations Support – GIS Technical Lead Level 6 (TSPV)
Systems/Technical Engineer Level 5 (TSPV)
System Security Architect/Practitioner Level 5 (TSPV)