IT Test Automation Specialist
|Job Title:||IT Test Automation Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Shockley|
|Job Published:||October 21, 2020 11:09|
The Department requires an experienced IT Test Automation Specialist for a 12 month contract.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Contribute towards defining a Test Automation framework and the automation of manual testing tasks across all projects within the Department.
• Apply sound technical understanding of relevant automated test tools and related technologies (e.g. Selenium, Appium, Specflow and automation framework) in development of automated test suites.
• Apply practical programming experience using .Net (preferably C#), SQL, XML and package management (e.g. nuget, npm etc) and experience with Github repository management.
• Identify and automate manual test cases where necessary.
• Mentor and guide permanent APS staff to develop automation testing competency.
• Take ownership, plan and execute both functional and non-functional tests as per the SLA and within agreed timeframes.
• Implement and manage continuous automated testing integration using Microsoft tools (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Microsoft Unit testing framework) for the automation of functional/system testing.
• Attend daily stand-up sessions and represent QA in release planning, to ensure balanced, low-risk distribution of testing tasks throughout the iteration.
• Experience with mobile Automation tools and frameworks also Azure DevOps is desirable
• Develop a sound business understanding ensuring tests are defined and developed, with close alignment to the business use of the system.
• Keep Agile Team members and reporting manager regularly informed of progress on testing, and of any risk to meeting release timelines or quality standards.
• Work within various multi-disciplined teams, using own experience to contribute towards requirements analysis, development and support processes. Identify and report on technical issues or risks and collaborate on their resolution.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders establishing, maintaining effective, influential networks and represent the Department
• Extend and enhance the System documentation repository, covering new or changed system functionality.
• Encourage and promote quality excellence within the team, ensure that work practices are effective and consistent, and that best practice is identified and shared.
• Adhere to the Departments system development methodologies in all test activities
Location and Contract Term: This is a Canberra based role. Contract till November 2021 with 2 x 12 month extension options pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens to apply for this role. A baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain and maintain is required.
How to Apply:
Applications close 23 October.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's